Thursday, March 29, 2012

Venice beach

We have arrived!

So we got upgraded to premium economy for the flight over. It was the sickness. Emma only managed to get about 11 and a half hours sleep, waking only to eat with the finest cutlery I've seen on a flight. I managed about 3 full minutes, even watching the new mission impossible movie didn't get me on the nod.
I would have gladly downgraded in exchange for sleeping pills or something.

On arrival Emma's bag was missing so we went to get the car we rented. Of course there were no Mustangs left so we ended up with a a Chrysler avenger or some shit. Non convertible.
After going to best buy and getting ourselves a GPS we went to the unit that we booked on "air bnb".

We had to wait ages to get into the place so we wondered around the boulevard on Venice beach and I enjoyed a tasty chilli dog and we watched a bit of American master chef being filmed.
When I say we watched I mean we walked on the beach while nothing happened and were told to move along when I looked like I was going to take a photo.

Finally We got into our unit and I enjoyed a little nap from about 1pm till bout 5. Emma's bag turned up around 8 or so and once she was out of her stinky flight clothes We debated about where we were going to eat out first fish taco.
We settled on a place called "James' beach". It's featured in the movie "I love you man" and they were indeed "the tits".
The only clip I could find was here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjinzoq8-2c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry if shit doesn't display properly we are using the iPad as Emmas laptop from the early 80's doesn't like this new thing called the Internet.
Hopefully we will figure out how to add photos on our next exciting update.
Pretty much a just tired and cranky first day although today will be different as I'm taking Emma to Ameoba records and were going to look at records for hours I'm sure it will be a fine day for the both of us.

1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness! You know you should be a writer. Even the boring stuff you write about is funny. I hope the fish tacos were good. Post some photos so i can see the fanciness of your new camera. Glad you guys arrived safe and sound, now do something exciting! :P
    xxx

    ReplyDelete