We had dinner on Weds night at a Chinese/ Mexican place here in the cosmopolitan and despite this place having the opportunity for them to call themselves something cool like "Chexican" or "Mexinese" they didn't.
I think they were calling the food style Chinese/ Mexican.
A wasted opportunity.
All was going well until Emma who normally isn't much of a adventurous eater in terms of meat decided to try the duck tongue taco.
There was no way in hell I was trying it.
It actually was full of little duck tongues. yuck.
The duck's were silent that night, nary a quack was heard on the great lakes of Vegas.
Emma had one bite and that was it, all over, or as the waiter said with a thick 'merican accent, "that's a game changer right there".
We had lunch yesterday a pinks hotdogs, they do a good hotdog at this place and as everyone should know, I am a hotdog fan.
Mine had sauerkraut, onion, tomato and some kind of fancy mayonnaise stuff.
Those giant circles are some of the biggest onion rings I've ever seen.
While visiting Fremont St, an older downtown part of Vegas where the famous 'Glitter Gultch' neon lady reigns, we tried the White Castle sliders, and as they were not from a actual White Castle but a little dodgy food stand inside a dodgy old casino they were microwaved versions.
Pretty much tasted like you would expect from a microwaved burger although I'm positive that they will be awesome when I finally get to try these at a proper White Castle.
they had better, otherwise Harold and Kumar can suck it.
The actual reason we were in this place was for the 99cent deep fried Oreo's that were advertised out the front.
They actually didn't taste as bad as they sound and kinda confirms the deep frying anything is pretty good.
Here's a picture taken just before Emma started scoffing them.
After touring the culinary delights that Vegas has to offer we decided to check out the largest gift shop IN THE WORLD on the way back to the hotel yesterday, it is seriously big.
How many different cups can you print the word Vegas on? there must have been about 200 types of bottle opener.
Would have been better if it was the worlds biggest gift shop with stuff you actually want to buy.
We spent an hour or two drinking in the hotel last night and decided it would be the night we gamble.
We mainly played the slots... boring.
How the fuck do people turn their lives into watching these things suck your cash away?
We put about $40 into them and at some point Emma had a win of $22 so we decided to walk away.
I really wanted to get on the roulette table but there were so many fuckwits crawling all over the joint you couldn't get close enough to a table to waste money let alone figure out how it all worked.
I think i should open a casino, people were being money raped all over the place.
No wonder they can afford to hand out free drinks.
We decided to go to bed.
Today were going to crawl through the second hand stores with the theory being if everyone loses the shirt off their back in Vegas, then there should be some good shirts out there.
I'm looking for some nice short sleeved shirts, kinda Charlie Sheen style (but with less coke stains) and I figure this will be the place to find them.
No comments:
Post a Comment