We were so excited especially now we only have 2 nights to go!
They have really put some hard thought into the restaurant names here, I guess they are keeping it easy for the Amercian's.
It's Basmati for the Indian, Agave for the Mexican and Barcelona for the Spanish.
So the new favourite is Basmati, the Indian restaurant.
I think it was the best Indian food I have eaten. Jason is a long term lover of Indian food, but doesn't get to eat it much as I'm not a huge fan, but he was super impressed, maybe it was really shit, as its been so long since we've eaten it and all the other restaurants here are so not the shiz?
Nah bullshit mate, this was indeed the tits.
I know my indian and this was some good stuff.
Tonight we are going to try the French. This one is called Chez Isabelle. Will report back on that one. I would say we will be eating at Basmati tomorrow night for our last night in medico.
We've had the french now as I type this and I can confirm that it was pretty good.
I had the snails and the duck. the duck was a little bit gamey and a little too much fat for my delicate tastes but the snails were really good, they weren't covered in garlic and shit to hide them like they normally are, you could actually taste what the snails were like... and to think I've been throwing these little things at moving cars.
They were like chicken with an oystery type texture I guess... hard to describe. they were good though.
Anyway aside from that, what other shenanigans have we been up to?
Pretty much zero, finding it hard to fill in the day actually. There's just too much sun, pool, food, lizards and drink.
That's because someone wakes up hung over al the time and finds it hard to get off the sun bed.
Oh, I did beat Jason today at pool, 3 times straight.
One of those games he did not get a single ball down I might add. And there were no pants down either. No fun. I win.
After that sad and surprising loss on my part, we played Jenga that I fuggin killed that shit.
Then we played connect four and I totally smashed Emma a few times at that.
Seriously, at everything besides pool I'm pretty much the best. Ever.
The other night we met a couple consisting of crazy Brits at the bar and partied with them at the Martini bar, then retired to the nightclub where it was hiphop night, much to Jason's disappointment.
They played the same 3 songs as the last time we were there. and it only took 3 songs till we exited the joint.
Wouldn't have been so bad if it was actually some hip hop.
It was the same dance tracks they played on dance night. I'm pretty sure they would play the same songs on reggae, metal and krump night too.
In fact they probably only have 3 records.
These crazy Brits introduced me to the "iceberg" good drink. Basically its a beer with frozen margarita floating on top. This Drink is real, and this is Mexico.
Emma never did finish this drink, she was too busy dancing like a mental patient. it was the drink that put her over the edge.
Today we went on a shopping tour of Cancun. We didn't go yesterday as I was way too hung over.
We hadn't been to Cancun city as yet- as we are actually staying south, just near a town called Puerto Morelos. Same coastline.
After seeing Cancun today I have given myself a huge tick of approval on my resort selection. Cancun itself is quite beautiful but the resorts are huge!
They dominate the coastline and there is more concrete than gardens as far as I could see.
I'm sure inside those big places, they would be lashed out with gorgeous gardens, but it was all a bit high-rise for me.
The shopping tour itself was pretty crap, I don't want to "Mr. bitter complainey guy" but I could have been at one of the "seven wonders of the world" but no, I instead spent the afternoon trapped at one of the "seven wonders this place hasn't been closed".
The hotels are all inclusive, so there is really no-one with a need of going shopping, therefore there are no real shops as far as I can tell.
Just half empty shopping malls of stuff that belonged at the vic market... thats if vic market was mexican and shit.
I think the happiest thing that happened on the shopping tour today was when a couple didn't make it back on time at one of the stops. So we just left that couple and the tour guide behind.
We later found out that the tour guide never found them and they caught a cab somewhere on their own. Good times for them and me.
Yeah, fuck you if you can't read a watch. You deserve to be left behind.
I've very rarely seen Emma happier than when the decision was made to move on without them.
Oh and finding some Mexican touristy stuff. The first market was the best, so much colour.
Also when we were looking back on the photos when we got back, we realised we didn't take many of the markets, so apologies as the photos below are a bit random, and kinda stupid really.
Anyway- Enjoy!
This is the fountain outside our hotel.
Me beating Jason at Chess.
Hah, Emma simply makes up her own rules of chess. she's a rule breaker. and most probably a deliberate cheat at most games... but more often simply a rule breaker. she's like full blown anarchy.
Hey Amigo, which one is the Bandito?
Some pretty coloured buildings in Cancun.
Just after I found out the couple didn't make it back on the bus.
how happy is she? Smug as.
Large Mexican bull.
Large Crocodile outside the "Outback" Aussie bar, he was going in for the tit grab.
We ate a deep fried onion at this place, traditional Aussie food apparently.
Cancun's main beach, in a part where there are no hotels.
The water is as blue as it looks here.
The hotel staff have assured us that the weather is going to be sick as tomorrow pity that Emma has run out of sunscreen.
I predict a serious burnt Emma arriving in Australia in a few days time.
there is no way she will be able to stay out of the sun if its shining and she doesn't want to wear my 30 plus and i may not feel like sharing.
you guys are hilarious! i wish we had more time sitting by the pool and shopping. i guess i did squeeze in two foot massages and a day at the hair salon (total disaster that was!).... hurry up and come home. your holiday is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and i miss you. v is home on sunday so we should catch up soon on your glorious return. glad you're having fun in cancooooooooon! Woo Hoo!!!
ReplyDelete