Thursday, April 5, 2012

Right, its been a busy couple of days since the last blog update.
My comments are in normal font, Emma will join the conversation in italic. How slick are we? proper bloggers thats right. get into us.

We stayed at the Chateau Marmont, heres a photo of the joint.
This place is the tits.



We did a bit of shopping in LA, I got to visit Vacation Vinyl and got to buy a few more records.
Emma ran into Snoop Dog in the street and got a photo with him, he didn't say much but I'm sure it was just cos he was high on the chonic and shit yo.



Later that night (Monday) we went and saw Steel Panther, Emma got herself really drunk on vodka red bulls while I remained a picture of perfectness-ess.

Jason's Review:
Steel Panther were good but I don't think they were as good as when I saw them at the Key Club a couple years ago.

I hadn't seen them before, SO THEY WERE AWESOME. May have been the red bull and vodka consumption, nuh, they were awesome. I need these people we met to email me back with a photo of me on stage dancing with all the other whory chicks, I was the least whory of course.


The Australian band they had supporting them were full sydney band. by that i mean they looked and acted like wankers.
Sorry to anyone from Sydney but its true, "most" bands from Sydney are very looks over substance orientated and this band were no exception.
Melbourne bands generally have songs but no style.
and the band that played after the sydney band and before Steel Panther, take your hat off before you go onstage you looked like an idiot trying to keep it on while you did all your practiced moves.
Seriously this band looked and acted like a fucking Gap add.
They made me think original rock music in LA is well and truly dead.

Yep, good review Jason, spot on yo.

Then on tuesday it was up and off to Death Valley, we stayed just outside of Death Valley for a night in a little place called "Tecopa".
We stayed in a Tee Pee and emma almost went wee wee in the bed when the coyotes circled the tee pee. It sounded like there were 30 of them all howling and junk, but it didn't last too long and the bed was comfortable.
If emma wasn't so scared I may have even got a little sleep that night, but with the twitching when any gust of wind blew it just didn't happen for me.

If Cynthia the owner of the tee pee's didn't tell me about tarantulas and how soft and lovely they are and not to be scared, I may have been more relaxed. 
I don't think they see many round those parts, but in my little girl mind, there were gaggles of them, with their ugly black hairy legs. 
The door of the Tee Pee was held shut with a clip, so it flapped wide open in the middle of the night, there were gaps were nature could get in all over the place. My girly mind went into overdrive thinking we were in the middle of nowhere, there must be murderers or poopaninga's fo-sho. 
Then Jason told me afterwards that he killed a spider on the way in to it and didn't tell me. 
what a good husband. Other than that this part of our adventure was fun.


Tecopa at dusk.




After a quick tour around the area we headed off to Death Valley and had a look around.
Its pretty much a desert. everywhere you looked there were rolling hills and fuck all in the way of a tree.
Nice and quiet.



Death Valley actually has tons of shit for you to drive long distances to see but pretty much all of them are surprisingly similar, it's a fucking desert and that quickly becomes apparent after the 5th or 6th landmark that looks exactly like more desert.


Actually I'm telling lies- it doesn't all look like desert we did see a place called "Badwater Basin" its exactly like a desert but with a salt flat kinda lake thing. Difficult to explain but if i had to i would say like a desert with some salty watery bits.
Death Valley has to be seen by all, AMAZING.



So after a few stops we head off to Vegas, we took a short cut so we came in to vegas and missed the iconic sign that says "welcome to vegas", but we can buy that image on a million different postcards now were actually here.
Check out the view from our room, how good?
Its quite a shock from the peace and quiet of the desert to the noise and constant jostling for position here in Vegas.
Ive bought some headache pills and we are about to go out and gamble big money.


OK were out Y'all, talk soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Fullers. We are back from China now! I couldnt read your blog when we were in Southern China, cos apparently they are one of things that are banned. Totally shit as I have been hanging to read to your updates.
    Any-who, did I mention how jealous I was of you guys staying at the Chat!
    I cant believe you slept in a tpee. Hard core! Yes I wouldnt be keen on the spidery things they have going on in the desert, let along the scorpions and bugs and shit. Glad you survived that ordeal! Death Valley is wicked, but you are right, its a whole lota desert! We're you warned not to run your air con in your car incase it breaks down and you boil to death in the heat! Its one hot drive without it!
    Vegas is the shiz! I loved it. Your photos are brill by the way. Really gotta get back to SLR town soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apols for the typos not really with it today!

    ReplyDelete