Hey its Emma here (Jason in italic)
Well its been a few days in this magical resort and I have been very busy making sure my initial promise to Jason that I made upon arrival is being adhered to.
That is that we need to maximise the time here, and if that means we have to stay up 24 hours a day to enjoy it then we MUST do so.
I can tell you that it's grade A bullshit to be on holiday and not be allowed to sleep in, relax, watch TV or simply choose not to swim right now....I pretty much can't do anything without written permission.
Desipite the promise I have actually started to relax more and not stay up all hours trying to cram everything in.
I still have been greeting him brightly every morning when looking out the window to our mote with "'its a nice day outside, you should get up".
More like the clock hits 7AM and someone feels that they are missing out on a brief second of life, throws the curtains wide open to let in ALL the sunlight Mexico has before doing everything as loudly as possible until I'm forced to get up.
Don't know how you call that "greeting him brightly".
Generally the photo below shows where we have been sitting each day.
The weather has been up and down, sunny mornings and pouring rain in the afternoon for a couple of hours.
Last night was torrential so we found ourselves at the bar again. oh whoa is us.
This bar was called the Martini bar and I'm sure you can guess what their specialty is.
Jason was all over that shizzle, starting with the original Dry Martini. I must add here that our resort is one of those "all inclusive" resorts so wherever you are eating or drinking everything is free (well we've payed for it somewhere) so something just comes over you, like you need to get your money's worth.
So we are going for the record at every bar, proving that we are from Sunbury and Wangaratta after all.
The first Martini I had was pretty good and I felt a little like James Bond sitting at the bar drinking out of those cool shaped glasses, so I had another and another.
After a while I seemed to be getting a odd feeling of lightheadedness.
This is where Jason turns to me and says, I possibly may be a little drunk from these bad boys.
There are roughly 10 bars at this resort and there are just as many restaurants that cover all types of food. French, Asian, Indian, Italian a bit of everything.
Although the food is possibly the only thing that we haven't rated highly yet (compared to our Melbourne foodie standards) I mean you'd think the Mexican restaurant would have rated highly, being as we are in Mexico... nope.
I'll be fucked if I can find a taco on any of the menus around this godforsaken place.
where have all the fish tacos gone? have I eaten all of them? has the world run dry of the fish taco?
Maybe you are to drunk to see them?
The Asian restaurant last night was the best so far.
Each day we are greeted with an activities list for the day, from bike rides to archery to Pilate's to coconut tooling... none of which with have considered taking part in yet.
The blue water pool and cocktails have been calling us.
Another view from our room.
Jason's taken a liking to this spot.
Below is a view from the bridge at night, this is where 2 huge Iguana's like to sit, where you feel like you need to get permission to cross. Jason makes me go first every time.
Yeah, and the simple reason I do this is because they may attack.
The below is a view from our favourite outside bar, where our favourite barman Jesus mixes up some very unholy cocktails.
Yesterday we did our first tour for the stay.
This would also be our last tour for the stay.
Yes, I did get up a little rusty the morning of the tour, possibly from spending far too long at the bar the night before (had to be on the bus by 7:15) but this tour ended up being a 12 hour tour to a magical place called 'Xel Ha' and 'Tulum'.
A little rusty? hung over and cranky at the entire world more like it.
Its just felt like 10 of those 12 hours were spent waiting for assholes to get the fuck on the bus!
Catching a bus is not a difficult task people.
I mean if I can get there on time?
We waited at each resort stop for that token couple that could not find the bus for what ever reason, just to make that big bus ride extra special in length.
When we got back, I canned our second booked tour which was going to be of a similar ilk, another 12 hours of bus riding, there was no way I was coping with that deal again. I don't think they have gotten onto the 6 people private tour deal here yet like Thailand, not enough competition? They love a big bus here in Mexico.
Poor Jason.
The tour that emma cancelled was only to one of the seven wonders of the world, no big deal.
I mean I'm sure we will get back here one day and then we will see it.
Emma did manage to book a shopping tour instead though, so it will all work out.
Anchient Myan ruins or a shopping centre? you decide.
Anyway my grumpy morning bus shenanigans quickly faded upon hitting this place called Xel Ha, it was like a natural sea world in the Caribbean waters. This place had dolphins, snorkeling, Manatee (sea cows) and tubing down a natural river to where the water was aqua clear.
There was also a little bit of rain and another all you can eat buffets that did in fact put on the best Mexican spread we have ever laid eyes on.
It was my mission today to touch a dolphin, and that I did.
Xel Ha Natural water park.
Look at this little bugger, Jason snapped this one.
I swear to god this little dolphin had been trained to distract tourists from taking photos of the real show. this is done to force you to buy expensive photos of your loved ones frolicking with the other dolphins that the tour guide takes.
Like as soon as emma was playing with a dolphin in the distance and I would try to take a photo- this little fucker would pop his head up and splash around playing funny buggers and as soon as someone else was playing with a dolphin and I didn't need to take a photo, he would simply disappear.
Dolphins can be jerks.
Yep, there I am with a bunch of kids, acting like one, the Dolphin was giving me a kiss on the cheek here. Lovely.
This is me and the Dolphin dancing. His crumping style left a bit to be desired.
Then this is when we all joined hands in the water and the dolphins swam around us, kinda felt a little like sharks circling us, but I still loved it. By the way, there were some adults in my group of people, you just can't see them.
The dolphins feel warm and smooth, kinda what you would expect, but they were always very gentle and I loved every minute, as you can tell from my smile. Jason wasn't into meeting the Dolphins, I think he was scared, but said it was important that he takes photos on the side lines.
I'm not scared of dolphins, I just don't trust em. They have faces that look like they want to steal from you and I'm not buying the whole, "we want to be friends" vibe.
they're up to something.
We then went to our second stop of this tour which was at Tulum, this is where some Columbian Mayan ruins are set on a beautiful beach setting, pretty amazing, and old. Like pre '84. Maybe more like AD564.
I think it may have beens Sam's era, does this look familiar Sam?
Today we spent some time at the beach pool that was 'till it started to spit rain.
We retreated to our special safe haven and spent the afternoon there. I took this photo of Jason before we left, chewing on a bit of toe.
We retreated to our special safe haven and spent the afternoon there. I took this photo of Jason before we left, chewing on a bit of toe.
He likes toes. A lot.
That is about the closest I'm going to get to putting any part of a hoof in my gob.
No sir, that is not "the tits".
...but the Pantone colour of the year on the toes is.
That kinda looks like a place I rented back in the day....yep pretty sure!
ReplyDeletewe thought that as soon as we saw it sam!
ReplyDeletemiss you guys! em xxx
rock that Tangerine Tango lady!!
ReplyDelete